Native Employment Works (NEW) Program
To provide, work activities and services to eligible individuals in obtaining unsubsidized employment.
Eligibility - Must be:
- Karuk Tribal member and Descendants, and
- Unemployed single mother, or
- Unemployed single father, or
- Unemployed person participating in the Karuk Tribe's General Assistance program, or
- At-risk Youth ages 18-24 ("at risk" is defined as youth who are exposed to the chances of delinquency; high school graduates without aspirations; potential drop-outs from college; youth without direction due to socio-economic status), or
- All other eligible persons.